Wednesday 25 September 2013

REVIEW+SWATCH: Dainty Doll Concealer by Nicola Roberts

I PRESENT TO YOU THE ANSWER TO EVERY PALE PERSON'S PRAYERS 
Hey everyone,
today I'll be reviewing & providing swatches of the Dainty Doll Concealer from the Dainty Doll cosmetic line created by Nicola Roberts.
I was interested by this line because as a member of the pale folk it can be so difficult to find the perfect shade for your skin when you're whiter than a member of the KKK.

I bought the lightest shade 001 Abracadabra and this colour is literally just slightly off-white. She really catered for the palest of the pale. Admittedly, it was too light for me BUT this makes for a great highlighter which means you can still use this as an under-eye concealer.
Finding a highlighter light enough for pale skin can also be tough so I would highly recommend using this.




I found it to be very pigmented and creamy, and I could easily blend it out to create a highlighted effect. The concealer is oil-based, and used with a water-based foundation I found it lasted 3-4 hours but by the time I came home from Uni (7 and a half hours) it seemed to have vanished. However it's common knowledge that water doesn't mix with oil so this was likely to happen anyway.
The point of this is that her liquid foundation is in-fact water based, which means using Dainty Doll foundation and concealer would not last very long as a combination, which is a shame because the shades are perfect for pale skin.

Swatches:
                                          

 These swatches are from just one swipe of the concealer, I'm very impressed with the coverage and most of all how light it is! By the way my arms are more tan than my face, I'd say the concealer is 2 shades lighter than my face, you could get away with no contour powder/bronzer for a subtle look.


I hope this blog post helped anyone with any questions concerning Dainty Doll cosmetics, have a great day!

- Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment