Tuesday 12 November 2013

REVIEW & SWATCHES: MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS MOISTURISING LIP BALM!

Here are my thoughts on the Maybelline Baby Lips tinted lip balms and a few swatches.. It probably seems very late to be reviewing these products but they've not long been launched in the UK haha
I have the three shades available in the UK, but I really wish I could try the Dr. Rescue and Electro line *sad face* So please take note that I'm only reviewing the original Baby Lips line and in 3 shades, so my opinions don't count for the whole range :)

So I was impressed by the size, you probably get the same amount as a normal lipstick which I like, I can tell these will last a while. I think they're very inexpensive I believe I got all 3 for £2.99 in Boots :D The three shades available in UK are Peach Kiss, Pink Punch and Cherry Me, but you can probably find more shades on the internet. I don't know why Grape Vine hasn't been launched here!? Firstly, they have a very glossy texture and finish which I personally like, it's definitely not sticky either and is very smooth to apply. They do not last as long on the lips as a lip balm by, for example, Vaseline or Nivea but they're easy to carry around and its quick and easy to reapply.



Cherry Me - I was surprised with the pigmentation of this one, I like that it is very natural so if you're having a lazy make up day you can still wear this. I find that as a lip balm it doesn't moisturise my lips as long as the other two do, but it still lasts about 1-2 hours but with eating I would say 1/2 hour to and hour until the lip balm texture completely gone. On the other hand I feel the red tint does stain my lips slightly so even when the texture has gone the colour remains.


Pink Punch - this shade I've discovered is very buildable so you could make it very pigmented and will look as if you're wearing a pink gloss. I find this one lasts longer on my lips - I don't know why lol - this again stains my lips like Cherry Me.


Peach Kiss - *prepare for slight rant* I was disappointed yet I expected this as it is a lip balm - there is next to no tint, I can't say its peachy but if you look VERY close you can see a nude tint. I wish this was more peachy like the packaging suggests however it does come out how the actual lip bullet suggests. It's just not peachy lol they should have called it Nude Kiss or something.
Another thing I personally dislike however some may like this - its very shimmery, there's a lot of sparkles in this however it still has a great texture like the others. I would not get this if you're looking for an actual peachy tint - if you're interested in these for the moisturising side of it then I would suggest the Peppermint, Quenched or Dr. Rescue lip balms instead of this shade.

SWATCHES:

Overall I think they're great for if you're in a rush or want very natural make up as they have enough tint to make you look much more awake and less washed out. When I've been in a rush and forgotten to add lipstick I've just quickly grabbed one of these to add a little something to my make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment