Wednesday 26 February 2014

HUGE E.L.F HAUL! | NEW ELF MOISTURIZING LIPSTICK SWATCHES & MINI REVIEW!

Happy Wednesday everyone! *confetti flies*
This week I'm doing my first haul, because ELF (eyeslipsface.co.uk) had free shipping and 50% off your order woaaaaah *rolls around on the floor*
AND they have a NEW line of lipsticks out which made me so excite, I had to try some & I will post swatches for you so lets get to it (10 points for reading the whole shabang - don't cheat I'll find out)



I got the eyebrow treat and tame, I really wanted the clear brow/mascara gel thingy-ma-jig but they were out of stock so I just got this one which is basically the same, in the colour Ash, I also use the brow kit in Ash - its amazing if you're blonde


Also got the studio stipple brush, not to use for foundation but to use for blush and I feel like it distributes the product much better than actual brushes designed for applying blush lol - for my foundation I also use the elf studio flat top brush. Just a warning it is smaller than I expected, which is good for me as I'm using it for blush but for the whole face I feel that using this could take a while.


I also purchased the tone correcting concealer in Ivory - I was sceptical about this however I was pleasantly surprised, it blends well and is actually pale and does not oxidise into orange, become cakey or set into fine lines.
I honestly have no problem with this, I feel its best to blend with a brush using a stipple motion as your fingers just slides it all around and wastes product. I would say it has medium coverage but buildable & is neither thick nor thin.
This makes me interested in trying out other concealers, particularly the Studio Maximum Coverage concealer which I have heard is thicker and much more full coverage.
I will show you a before and after using this on a freckle that I have on my arm:
If you look closely you can see it slightly but all in all I don't know why this isn't raved about more often!

ELF Studio Blush in Tickled Pink - medium pink with peach undertone
Cream Eyeliner in Punk Purple.
ELF Studio Corrective Concealer in Erase & Conceal - great for skin with light blemishes but if you have very dark circles / a lot of redness / heavy blemishes then I would search for something more pigmented.

 ELF Studio Eye Enhancing Eyeshadow in Brown Eyes 2 (even though I have blue eyes - oops) 
I was pleasantly surprised, the shadows are very pigmented, apply smoothly and blend well. The second brown in & second to last purple shade both have heavy glitter, where the rest have subtle shimmers, the nude shade in the middle (you can't see as it matches my skin) is matte & a good all over lid colour (if you're pale ofc) which looks great with winged liner to create an overall neat & clean look.
ELF Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Coral Cutie (top) and Flirty & Fabulous (bottom)
I wasn't expecting such pigmentation as it says "moisturizing" I figured it would be more of a tint but nope! Also I expected a glossy finish however its just like the mineral lipsticks, if you like the mineral lipsticks but want brighter/more colourful shades check these out!

Hope you enjoyed this haul - ELF have brought back the 50% off + free shipping so if you liked any of these products I'd check them out now while you can get it even cheaper (end 1st March 2014!)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment