Monday 10 February 2014

MY ELF BLUSH COLLECTION | REVIEW & SWATCHES

Hey everyone, hope your January wasn't too shitty and February is way better for you. January just feels like one huge Monday, anyone else? #relatable - Might as well name the month Monday instead

I'm going to try my hardest to do around 1 post a week, which thus far has been a bloody disaster lol
I'm at Uni right now so really busy with useless projects, trust me I wish I could do more of this haha

Also, I find it hard to think of new posts to create and I want to create what people want to see, I mean for me I don't have the money to go out and buy tons of new products to review so I'd like to create other content, if there's anything you'd like to see, maybe a tutorial on a certain look, some tips on whatever, or literally anything lol you can leave a comment at the bottom of this post, or tweet me at @missrenvoize

So for today I thought I would share my Elf Studio blush collection, so far a lot of my posts have been swatch & review posts and to be honest this is because before I started blogging I would go to blogs mainly for this content and I want to create posts that are authentic in opinion and swatches are true to colour so you know what you're getting into when you buy a product!

Obviously I'd like to extend the olive branch (why the fuck am I using that phrase lol) and create all kinds of content, let me know what you want to see :)

So read on to see my thoughts & swatches of my current elf blush collection


 LEFT SIDE
- TOP: BLUSHING ROSE
- BOTTOM: PEACHY KEEN

RIGHT SIDE
- TOP: PINK PASSION
- BOTTOM: GOTTA GLOW

ELF CONTOURING BLUSH & BRONZER IN ANTIGUA

So right off the bat I think these are inexpensive, and very pigmented. All of them are buildable, even Pink Passion which looks insane in the pan, this is the same for the pink blush in the Antigua duo.
You can tell Blushing Rose is well loved I've already hit pan *dolphin tears*

Blushing Rose looks great most likely on any skin, I'm pale and I think it really give you that pretty "flushed" look and it has a gold iridescent when the light hits it, so you could skip your highlight if you wanted
I still wear highlight though because I'm all about that dewy life

Peachy keen is similar in the sense of a gold iridescent however is, obviously, a peach tone and looks very natural. I think if you have fair skin and you want a subtle contour, using this will do all three, blush, contour, & highlight. If I wear this with a bronzer it can become too much and look really harsh against my skin.

Pink Passion is a wonderful bright blusher but also buildable so can be subtle also. I think this would be great on dark skin, I think it only suits me if I have it very subtle. What I like is there's no shimmer it's a straight up matte pink blush which I get really excited about idk why I'm a creep

Gotta Glow is not a blush, duh, but is a highlight with a gold iridescent. It is extremely pigmented it will probably give Nars Albatross a run for its money, I either use this as my highlight or I will use my Elf Baked Blush in Pinktastic (I will do a seperate post on all the baked blushes if you want to see that!)

Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzer in Antigua is supposed to be a cheap dupe for the Nars Bronzer/Blush duos, you can certainly tell they were inspired by Nars haha. I'd love to try the different shades because I really love this duo, to my surprise. The blush is bright in the pan but is buildable. I can't say I'm a fan of the sparkles I much prefer a shimmer/glow over sparkles but this is great if you love that.
Now onto the bronzer, it is VERY pigmented, I think would be great on a range of skintones, even mine! I was scared as I use NYX blush in taupe which is a perfect cool toned bronzer. However this appears very warm toned. I feel if I use the bronzer my whole "look" has to also be warm toned, but if you use a small amount and blend thoroughly you will get a lovely warm look. This does have shimmer in the pan which bothered me but it leaves me with a semi-matte finish (anyone else?) which I was grateful for but if you really wanted that shimmer to appear then you may be disappointed.

I do plan to eventually try all the shades, even in the baked blushes and the blush/bronzer duos, and the cream blushes which I'm very interested in.

SO HERE ARE THE SWATCHES FINALLY sorry if that was a lot to read but if you did it you're awesome and I give you 10 Hayley points.

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: ONE SWIPE EACH!
Blushing Rose - Pink Passion - Peachy Keen - Gotta Glow || Bronzer/Blush duo in Antigua

Hope this review & swatch post was helpful - excuse my pyjama pants in the right hand corner of the swatch pic ^.^
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment