Wednesday 29 January 2014

MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO 24HR REVIEW & SWATCHES & HUGE MAKE UP DISCOUNT!

I recently purchased 3 Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr cream gel eyeshadows, and after using these I definitely want to try more shades & one has become a permanent product in my everyday routine.

I was worried about these as I have oily lids however I heard good things about the eyeshadows staying power so I thought I'd give them a go.

I got the shades Eternal Gold, Permanent Taupe and Pink Gold. Read on for swatches, my thoughts and where to buy them at a HUGE discounted price :)


Firstly, I love the clear bottoms as they show the true colour of the eyeshadow which I really like as I feel the product labels are a bit misleading, the label for Permanent Taupe actually implies that the colour has shimmer in it as (you may not be able to see very clearly in the first image) they have added shimmer.


Permanent Taupe.
Aside from a shimmery label, the actual eyeshadow is a staple matte taupe shade and is my absolute favourite. It's the shade I use everyday now, I simply add some of the eyeshadow onto a blending brush using a stipple motion and then blend this from the outer third of my lid towards my inner third which gives a lovely gradient effect and is very natural. It's also buildable, so you can go from a "no make up" make up look to a dark brown smokey eye. I need no other eyeshadows to help transition from this colour to my natural lid colour which is amazing as I am extremely pale - this shadow is very versatile and blends amazingly on its own. It also dries fairly quickly so you have to act fast, which I personally like as you do get your make up done quicker.



Eternal Gold & Pink Gold.
I feel these two shades are very similar in consistency and pigmentation - this may be the case for all the shimmery shades in the line. They have a much creamier consistency than Permanent Taupe, and I feel they need a powder eyeshadow to set them on my lids, if you don't have oily lids then you probably don't need it. To set them, I use the shimmer shades from my Sleek i-Divine palette in Organza or Gateau for Pink Gold & a general gold shadow for Eternal Gold (see these shades swatched in my review here) and it looks AMAZING. If you thought the Sleek shadows were pigmented before then you mind will be blown lol, even though we're using fairly neutral shades here it stands out so much and will add some oomph to a neutral look - omg it looks so pretty haha.


 From left to right - Eternal Gold, Pink Gold & Permanent Taupe. All just one swipe each. So pigmented! #Love

STAYING POWER - On my oily lids these eyeshadows will last at least 4-6 hours without a primer. When I use a primer it will last 8 hours EASY. These are great if you're working 9-5 or have long days at Uni because they will stay put and will not fade. No wonder these are constantly raved about. I'd love to try the rest of the line, especially Metallic Pomegranate.

Where I purchased & huge mega super duper discount! 
I bought mine at Boots and you can pretty much find them in any drugstore. However I discovered a site called Fragrance Direct (click and it will take you to the site!) they are selling the Colour Tattoo's for just £1.50 each (!!!!) I think that's amazing compared to the price of £4.99 in Boots #soexcite

No comments:

Post a Comment