Tuesday 21 January 2014

ACNE CLEAR SKIN TRICK: LEMON SUGAR FACIAL SCRUB

I just found out about a facial scrub for your skin which requires only 2 ingredients that you probably have in your house anyway or can get super cheap :)

I'm going to test this out daily and update on the progress, maybe do before & after if I'm brave enough lol

This scrub requires two ingredients:
- Lemon
- Sugar
or lemon juice which may be more convenient to use if you can find it 100% pure











The trick is:
1. Rinse your face
2. Grab a cotton pad and squeeze lemon juice onto it
3. Sprinkle some sugar over the area where you squeezed the lemon juice
4. Begin to scrub your face in circular motions focusing on the T-Zone and acne affected areas
5. Rinse your face and pat dry

If you'd like to know WHY this scrub is beneficial for the skin, read on :)

The reason this srub is supposed to be good for you is the sugar is a natural, raw ingredient that has the right texture to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells.
Lemons are full of AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) and BHA's (beta hydroxy acids - otherwise known as Salicylic Acid) which are two KEY ingredients to look for in skincare products, and are often used in chemical peels.

What AHA's and BHA's actually do:
- Improve skin pigmentation
- Reduce sun spots, age spots, freckles, etc.
- Decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Allows sunscreen to last longer and protect your skin from Sun damage
- Great for dry skin to remove all the nasty, flaky areas and reveal a much smoother layer of skin
- Can get INSIDE clogged pores and plug out all of the dirt and suck out clogged pores

ALL IN ONE LEMON? So lemons promise a lot of good stuff which may sound too good to be true, but why not give it a go?

I will do this scrub every night as when you're asleep your skin takes this oppurtunity to heal, so I thought doing this every night may help maximise results.

In the morning I did actually notice a difference. None of my spots went down however my pores were visibly smaller and I noticed less blackheads, there was also no redness surrounding any spots and my skin was a lot brighter and clearer, with exception to areas with spots.

This seems really promising as just one application and letting that work on my skin overnight did make a visible difference so I'm excited to see its potential with continual use :)
I'd really recommend giving it a try, as these are raw natural ingredients I feel like it is a lot safer compared to an actual product with many unknown chemicals in.

No comments:

Post a Comment