Friday 4 April 2014

SWATCHES | MAX FACTOR SMOKY EYE EFFECT EYESHADOW

Good evening to all (if you're in the UK that is) well.. good day in general for everyone incase you're not from the UK *best intro ever*
Sorry I didn't post on Wednesday, I could go on for ages about why but basically Uni, 'nuff said right?
I just wanted to make sure I did something for this week so I thought 'oh my lets provide some revolutionary swatches'
because I am alwaaaaays looking for swatches, and maybe its a product thats not very popular so it's bloody hard to find decent swatches so anyway lets get on with it...

I'll be swatching the Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect Eyeshadows in a variety of shades.
Haven't seen much on this product on the internet from my personal research so hopefully if you're interested in these this post will be helpful

The product provides two shades in a dual ended tube in a twist-up-lipstick sort of fashion #AwfulDescriptionAward
They retail for £6.99 at Boots, which I think isn't too bad for 2 eyeshadows I feel like you do get a decent amount of product, and Max Factor is a higher end drugstore brand. The idea is to follow the "step 1" and "step 2" signs on each end to get your smoky eye.
Now, I use these as bases for my eyeshadow as I have oily lids, if you don't have oily lids you could probably get away with using just these as an eyeshadow alone. So please bear that in mind when purchasing. As a base I feel they work great, highly pigmented (in my opinion) also very easy and quick application as you just roll it on your eyelid straight away and you'll only need a brush to blend out.
Onyx smoke I really like, the white and black are both very pigmented which I really appreciate because when I buy a black or white I literally want it as white as friggin angel wings and as black as the pits of hell - ya dig? (not sure why the biblical references were necessary)
The black does have glitter in - as you can probably see with your own two eyes - I personally prefer a matte black but its great for parties and when you just feel like going really dramatic.

Silver storm I think would look great on steel blue eyes or cool toned skin. As with all of the swatches, high pigmentation. The purple/plum looks a little grey in the picture but it's definitely more of a deep plum in real life.

Purple Dust looks like two bronze tones in the picture (don't know what was wrong with my camera today!) however the first colour is a warm toned mauve where the second is pretty true to how it shows in the picture as a dark 'antique' gold. This would really compliment warm toned skin, and brown or hazel eyes.

Hope this post helped! Obviously these are just my suggestions but you can definitely use any duo no matter your undertone or eye colour (a lot of magazines/sites say purple doesn't suit blue eyes but I love wearing it haha)

See you next week xo

No comments:

Post a Comment