Thursday 19 March 2015

DUPE ALERT! | SUPER AFFORDABLE DUPE FOR URBAN DECAY NAKED 3 PALETTE | MAKEUP REVOLUTION

I feel like more people need to know about this amazing makeup company, I just can't see enough rave reviews out there to do the products justice!!
Basically the brand Makeup Revolution have fantastic dupes for high end makeup.
Honestly you guys the quality of the eyeshadows are impeccable and so so so cheap!
I am absolutely not being paid to say this, and I really wish I was haha #helpmeimpoor

If you are on a low budget looking for good quality products that are cheaper than a lot of drugstore brands - hold up what your doing (or finish reading this post first) and check out:
www.makeuprevolutionstore.com

I actually bought a ton of their palettes, pure pigments (which are literally £1) and contour palette so if you want to see FI, hauls, reviews or anything else please leave any requests in the comments or on social media linked below!

But in this post I want to compare the Iconic 3 palette to Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette.
I believe the Iconic 1 & 2 are dupes for the Naked 1 & 2 but I personally don't own these palettes to create a comparison.

So the Iconic 3 palette costs £4.00 and the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette costs around £38 give or take a couple quid depending on where you buy it. So it's a massive difference in price, however, I'm not trying to discourage the Naked palettes as they are stunning palettes that I absolutely love, but I am targeting this post for those who are on a low budget and simply can't afford the high end palette, or want to try out the shades before commiting to paying that much.

Without further adieu lets get on with the swatches!





As you can see by the swatches the shades are pretty much identical! I think the shimmer shades are equal in pigmentation, however you can see in the matte shades that the Naked 3 palette has that little extra pigmentation and vibrancy.
However I have used both palettes and the Iconic 3 blends equally as seamless as the UD palette.
The first shade in the Iconic 3 doesn't show up on camera for some reason, but shows up much better in real life.
You can see that the very last shade for the Naked 3 (Blackheart) is that slightest bit more vibrant and you can really see the deep plum/burgundy shimmers within the shadow. For the Iconic 3 this is not as obvious.

Overall, considering the Iconic 3 palette is £4 it is a fantastic dupe for the Naked 3 palette.
It's wonderful if you're on a low budget, or want to try out these shades before comitting to a higher end price tag.
Also great for travelling, the packaging is sleek and does feel sturdy, also a lot smaller - I would rather take this with me and if anything (god forbid) goes wrong - it's only £4 as opposed to losing £38.

Hope you enjoyed this comparison and that it helped out a little for anyone curious about the palettes!

Twitter - @hayleyrenvoize
Instagram - @hayleyrenvoize
Snapchat - hayleyrenvoize

No comments:

Post a Comment