Friday 10 October 2014

ONE BRAND/FULL FACE FIRST IMPRESSIONS | BENFIT COSMETICS

I wanted to do a one brand based full face first impressions post - bit of a mouthful eh?
I bought some Benefit Cosmetics goodies from feelunique.co.uk - I love this site, they often have discounts/offers on high end brands and they have free shipping over £10!

I bought 2 of their gift sets and the popular eyeshadow kit World Famous Neutrals, so I figured why not try it all out and give you guys a little tutorial + review on their products
What I like about benefit is these little sets let you try a whole bunch of products so that you don't have to throw yourself in the deep end and splurge on something you're not sure you'll like!
 
Firstly, can we just appreciate the packaging as we scroll through these images! They're like cute little books and you can always take out the make up and tray to use them for storing things in or once you're done stack them as a cute little decoration to your bedroom


 
The Bronze of Champions - Comes with Watts Up! Highlighter, Crease-less Cream Shadow in Bikini Tini, eyeshadow in Thanks A Latte, Hoola Bronzer, They're Real mascara and Hoola Lipgloss - which smells divine might I add.

 How To Look The Best At Everything in Light - Comes with The Porefessional Primer, Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in "I'm Pure 4 Sure" Ivory, Boi-ing Concealer in 01 and 02, and Hello Flawless! Powder in "I love me" Ivory.

World Famous Neutrals - Easiest Nudes Ever comes with Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P and No Pressure! along wish eyeshadows; Call My Bluff, Thanks A Latte, Pinky Swear and Quick, Look Busy.


To create this eye look I used Bikini Tini creaseless cream shadows all over the lid. Then RSVP on the outer third, then No Pressure! along the bottom lid using a pencil brush. Using these cream shadows as a base creates longevity for the shadows.
     These cream shadows are the perfect balance of shimmery but not sparkly or glittery, they look great on their own for a natural look as it doesn't leave your eyes looking flat but makes them look much more awake

I then packed the shadow Pinky Swear onto the entire lid, Thanks A Latte on my outer third and along the bottom lid in the same area as the cream shadow using a pencil brush again for precision. I then used Quick, Look Busy in my crease and along the edge of the bottom lid where I applied Thanks A Latte to add dimension and precision. I used Call My Bluff as an inner corner highlight and on the brow bone. For this look I used Real Techniques and ELF brushes.
     The eyeshadows have great pigmentation for neutral shades, blend easily and do not go patchy nor are they chalky.

I then used my liquid pen eyeliner by Soap & Glory to create a wing and add the dot adjacent to my tear duct. I then went over the dot and traced along bottom lid up alongside my winged liner with Collection's glitter liner in Funk, then applied Benefit's They're Real! Mascara - I actually have an amazing and cheaper dupe for this mascara which I will post up soon!


For the lips I used ELF's retractable lip liner in Natural, with Essence's matte effect XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss in Soft Nude and applied Hoola Lipgloss ontop for a glossy finish - you guys I cannot get over how good it smells! And it has fine sparkles so it does not feel gritty nor does it look like you're about to work a shift at your local strip club.

For the face (I look a bit moody, oh dear) I used all products in the 'How To Look The Best At Everything' in Light and The Bronze of Champions - in my opinion it's a very natural finish - it does state this on the products however  I just think for this eye look I need something of higher coverage. I love the bronzed glow it gave the bronzer paired with Watts Up! is a match made in Heaven. The concealer provided me with great coverage and although the shade 02 was too dark it makes a great cream concealer!

I hope you enjoyed this one brand tutorial/full face first impressions (almost anyway)/mini haul? Bit of a mix here so this is probably just one big mess haha have a great weekend!

Hayley x


FULL LIST OF PRODUCTS:

- How To Look The Best At Everything in Light by Benefit Cosmetics
- The Bronze Of Champions by Benefit Cosmetics
- World Famous Neutrals in Easiest Nudes Ever by Benefit Cosmetics
- Glitter Liner in Funk by Collection
- Supercat Liquid Eyeliner Pen by Soap & Glory
- ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Ash
- ELF Treat & Tame in Ash
- Rimmel London Eyeliner Pencil in Jet Black
- ELF Retractable Lip Liner in Natural
- Essence XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss in Soft Nude




No comments:

Post a Comment