Thursday 15 January 2015

HOW TO WEAR BLUE BROWN EYES | FT. MAKEUP STORE MICROSHADOW 'VOLGA'


Today I'm basing this look around Make Up Store's Microshadow in the shade 'Volga' - a beautiful warm brown with blue duochrome. Agh it's so pretty and makes me want all of the shadows!
Even though it's a lovely colour I was a bit stuck on how I could incorporate it into a look, so if you're stuck for ideas here you are!
Also, if you didn't know BeautyBay.com now sell MUS products! They recently had a 3 for 2 where I got this eyeshadow with a lip liner (which I use in this look) and their lipstick in Pretty Baby.

 EYES | Firstly, I used MAC's pro longwear paint pot in Painterly as a base. I then used the shade Nooner from my Naked 3 palette as a crease colour. Taking some of MUS' microshadow in Volga onto a flat shadow brush I sprayed over with MAC's Fix Plus, to intensify the duochrome - I just wish my camera would pick up the intensity! Using a blending brush I took a small amount of Volga and blended this in with the crease colour. To transition the two colours I went back in with nooner and blend blend blend. Then taking Strange from the Naked 3 palette I used this along my brow bone and blended out Nooner with this. Layering and blending each shade with transitional colours is really key for a seamless blend. For the bottom lid/undereye I went in with the tiniest amount of Volga and did the same process of blending with Nooner and Strange.
I decided to create a wing, this is optional but I think it tied everything together. I then highlighted my inner corner and the center lid using Make Up Revolutions Awesome Metals in Rose Gold - it's exactly the same as the Stila Magnificent Metals but a fraction of the price! I actually used this dry and just dabbed with my finger rather than mixing with the liquid primer.


LIPS | For the lips used Make Up Stores lip liner in My Precious Coral, and then went over with Make Up Academy's Lipstick in Shade 16 Nectar (their lipsticks are literally £1) then used a clear gloss on top for a glossy finish.


Hope you enjoyed this post & got some inspiration or ideas for your duochrome shadows!
A full product list will be down below :)

Twitter - @hayleyrenvoize
Instagram - hayleyrenvoize

FULL PRODUCT LIST:

FACE -
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer
ELF Shimmer Whip in Spotlight
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Foundation in 01 Ecru
MAC pro longwear concealer in NC15
Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing concealer in 02 (as a cream contour)
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder
Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer
ELF Studio Blush in Peachy Keen
ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow
Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up! Highlighter
MAC Prep + Prime Fix Plus
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

BROWS-
ELF brow kit in Ash
Make Up Revolution brow tint in Fairest
Dainty Doll Concealer in 001

EYES -
MAC pro longwear paint pot in Painterly
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
Make Up Store Microshadow in Volga
Make Up Revolution Awesome Metals Foil Finish in Rose Gold
Soap & Glory Supercat liner
Essence Mascara in I Love Extreme and I Love Extreme Crazy Volume mascara
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara

LIPS -
Make Up Store lip liner in My Precious Coral
Make Up Academy lipstick in Shade 16 Nectar
ELF clear gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment